09:15 - CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKS
09:30 - HOST NATION KEYNOTE ADDRESS
Turkish General Staff
10:00 - Session Reserved for Local Industry Insight
10:30 - HOST NATION ADDRESS
Turkish Land Forces Command
11:00 - MORNING COFFEE AND NETWORKING
11.45 - PRIORITISING INVESTMENT AND THE COMPLETION OF ITALIAN VEHICLE PROGRAMMES
- Upgrading the Ariete MBT and Dardo IFV to current counter-IED standards
- Are medium vehicles considered the 'key element' in providing the required flexibility of employment?
- The delivery of the Freccia 8x8 multi-role armoured vehicle: 249 prepared to enter Italian service
- The SuperAV 8x8 amphibious vehicle finalised development in its APC configuration: The Veicolo Blindato Anfibio (VBA)
- How will enhancing the protection of Centauro 2 and integrating a digitised C2 system impact on Italian operations?
Major General Francesco Figliuolo, (Incoming) Chief of Staff, Logistics Department, Italian Army Staff
- To what extent will UGVs form part of future Italian procurement?
12.15 - PAKISTAN'S HIGH DEMAND FOR ARMOURED VEHICLES - BALANCING INDIGENOUS AND FOREIGN SOLUTIONS
- Considering the threats from insurgent groups and the need for protection against IEDs, what are Pakistan's current and future armoured vehicle requirements?
- Case study Operation Zarb-e-Azb, looking at the role of armoured vehicles in decreasing suicide bombing and terrorist attacks in North Waziristan
- To what extent is importing foreign technology a viable solution to fill current capability gaps?
- Insight into how the Pakistan indigenous market is gaining traction with the Burraq MRAP project
Deputy Inspector General Farhat Ali Junejo, KPK Police, Pakistan
- Is the VN1 programme fulfilling a long-overdue requirement for a wheeled IFV?
12:45 - NETWORKING LUNCH
14:00 - ANA'S PLANS FOR A CAPABLE AND EFFICIENT FORCE TO MAINTAIN PEACE IN THE REGION
- ANA being responsible for security: Future requirements for high-end armoured capabilities
- Understanding how armoured vehicles are critical to the survival of the state
- The capability developments to fight insurgent groups
- Delivery of 200 Mine-Resistant Ambush Protect vehicles (MRAP) and their delpoyment in current mission-sets
- Looking at the Mobile Strike Force (MSFVs) in a number of variants and the weapon systems; including a 40mm grenade launcher, a 7.62 machine gun and a 90mm cannon
Brigadier General Shuoor Gul, Commander 1st Armoured Corp, Afghan National Army
14:30 - GET THERE SAFELY AND IN WARFIGHTING CONDITION
- Saving lives and reducing Injury levels from IEDs, rockets, and operational accidents is about more than just armour
- Armour is important, but what goes on inside the vehicle is critical
- New seating and restraint technologies save lives, reduce injuries and cut fatigue: They are the game changers
- Result: Mission success; improved morale; lower costs; attained strategic deliverables
Mr. David Kiernan, Managing Director, Global Seating Solutions LLC
15:00 - EVALUATING THE AV8: MALAYSIA’S FIRST INDIGENOUS VEHICLE
- The importance of the AV8, an 8x8 APC, which is to be Malaysia’s next generation multi-purpose, multi-mission, wheeled armoured vehicle
- The benefits of inter-state partnerships: Developing the AV8 with Turkey
- Expectations for the AV8 and its 12 variants
- How open architecture is designed to optimise integration and enable information exchange for the AV8 platform
Dr. Mohd Yazid Ahmad, Director Mechanical & Aerospace Technology Division, STRIDE, Malaysian Ministry of Defence
15:30 - AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
16:00 - POLAND'S ARMOURED VEHICLE PLANS, FORMING PART OF THE ARMED FORCES MODERNISATION PROGRAMME 2022
- Replacing an ageing fleet - Honker, Honker 2000, Skorpion-3 vehicles and UAZ-469 jeeps - and the 4x4 light multi-purpose vehicles programme
- Understanding the key requirements for tracked and wheeled vehicles
- The acquisition of the Leopard 2A5 tanks and 2A4 variants and their impact on operations
- Expectations for the Rosomak 8x8 multipurpose armoured vehicles, due for delivery in 2019
- The AFV concept, PL-01, focused on strength capability and plans for a Universal Modular Tracked Platform, read for export in 2022
Lieutenant Colonel Ppłk Rafał Miernik, Inspectorate for Implementation of Innovative Defence Technologies, Ministry of National Defence, Poland
16:30 - THE EGYPTIAN ARMED FORCES COMBAT VEHICLE MODERNISATION AND THEIR OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENT
- Upgrading the M1A1 Abrams MBT and the delivery of 125 additional tank kits in the co-production programme
- Procuring new platforms or refurbishing its current fleet? The future plans of the Egyptian Armed Forces
- For upcoming military acquisition, who will Egypt look to partner with?
- Retiring the BTR-152 APC fleet by 2020 and looking for suitable replacements
- Lessons learned from Operation Eagle: The campaign in the Sinai Peninsula against insurgents and the response of Egypt's armoured vehicles
Major General Morsi Mahmoud (Rtd.) Strategic Intelligence Analyst and Consultant, Defence Studies Institute, Egyptian Armed Forces
17:00 - UNDERSTANDING THAILAND'S 8X8 VEHICLE DEVELOPMENTS AND FUTURE REQUIREMENTS
- The development of the Black Widow Spider 8x8 armoured vehicle, the first major Thai military vehicle programme
- How will the Black Widow Spider meet a range of future requirements, which include 200 MBTs by 2017 and another 100 MBTs to replace the M41s?
- Insight into the procurement of 21 WIN 4x4 Armoured Multi-Purpose Vehicles (AMPVs)
- Looking to the future: Proposed variants of the BWS including a command vehicle, armoured ambulance, recovery vehicle and 120-mm mortar carrier
General Sompong Mukdaskul, Director General, Defence Technology Institute (DTI), Thailand MoD (Invited)
17:30 - CHAIRMAN’S CLOSING REMARKS AND END OF MAIN CONFERENCE